[Bell Historians] =?ISO-8859-1?B?oA==?=Tuning

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Sun May 23 19:30:30 BST 2004

> DB: I know that it isn't possible to tune the nominal without afffecting the
> others at all, but I've come across cases where the only tuning is in the
> soundbow, and although the other partials have altered a bit there has
> clearly been no attempt to get them closer to the ideal.

[I.e. usually the "Simpson" ideal. CD]

My meaning was that
> if it is possible to improve the sound of the bell by tuning it then why
> not?

[I'd tend to agree with you, but one must recognise that this is subjective.
CD]

If, of course, the bell is already pleasant-sounding...

[Again, subjective! CD]