Bowell

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Tue May 25 10:20:07 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "CHRIS PICKFORD"
<c.j.pickford.t21 at b...> wrote:
> Just to confirm that Old Bradwell is a Bowell job (not Barwell)
>
> On Smarden - I never managed to ring there during my five years in
Kent - I'd be very surprised if they are anything really like true-
harmonic, even if they are "good of their kind".

The only way to tell will be to test them, but Smarden are certainly
a cut above any other bells of his I've rung on. In the days when I
rang there regularly, my ear was pretty well practiced at picking out
the harmonics in a bell, so I'm inclined to think that they are
probably nearer to true-harmonic than most of his work.