[Bell Historians] impartiality?

David Bryant david at b...
Fri May 28 12:03:17 BST 2004

> I think so. After all there are some Eijsbouts bells in this country, and
> Andrew Nicholson has done work in Essex, and Matthew Higby in London.
>
> Perhaps there should be a comprehensive Directory of Bellfounders/hangers.

As regards Eijsbouts, I think they should not be included in any list. So far as I am aware, they have never directly supplied bells to any church in this country. Those of their bells which do exist have been supplied via Eayre and Smith, who have specified exactly what is required. Eijsbouts do not provide any of the equipment or fittings for change ringing bells, so would not supply anything other than the actual bells.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/