[Bell Historians] St Dunstan-in-the-East & St Stephen Rosslyn Hill

jshe726707 at a... jshe726707 at a...
Wed Nov 3 12:15:06 GMT 2004

alantaylor1 at m... writes:

> Whilst I quite agree that the loss of the bells of St Dustan’s was quite
> dreadful. I can’t agree with placing the bells of St Stephen’s Rosslyn Hill
> into the same category.
>

> The bells of St Stephens were quite dreadful as a 10. The back six had
> little to do with the front 4 as far as tuning goes. There removal was not a great
> loss to anyone.
>

> I do agree that we have a lot to thank DL for. His web site is full of
> interest.

Alan is quite right about The ten in Hampstead - they were appalling to
listen to , but in a way I would almost like to go back there and ring. AmI right
in thinking that were cast as complete 10 in the 1850's ? Perhaps they were
the most dreadful ten in Greater London , but of course there could be quite a
debate as to which is or was the worst.

Jim Shepard