St Dunstan-in-the-East & St Stephen Rosslyn Hill

alantaylor1 alantaylor1 at m...
Wed Nov 3 09:17:18 GMT 2004

charset="Windows-1252"

Whilst I quite agree that the loss of the bells of St Dustan=92s was quite
dreadful. I can=92t agree with placing the bells of St Stephen=92s Rosslyn =
Hill
into the same category.=20

=20

The bells of St Stephens were quite dreadful as a 10. The back six had
little to do with the front 4 as far as tuning goes. There removal was not =
great loss to anyone.

=20

I do agree that we have a lot to thank DL for. His web site is full of
interest.

=20

Alan Taylor

London

_____=20=20

From: Michael Royalton-Kisch [mailto:mfrk24 at h...]=20

=20

Congratulations on a super write-up (and recording) of the bells. It alway=

hits me when I hear stories like this, just how badly "our" generation has=
=20
been affected by the destructive decades of the 60's and 70's. The story o=

St. Dunstan carries a warning about our church authorities - no doubt a=20
similar crew who closed St. Stephen Rosslyn Hill (Hampstead) in 1977 and=20
decided that the bells had to go there.

HYPERLINK
"http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=3D315388.5529724.6602080.3001176/D=3Dgrou=
ps/S=3D