Saalfeld, Thuringia

Mike Chester mike at m...
Mon Nov 15 11:12:04 GMT 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hibbert" <bill at h...>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any knowledge of a bell called the Seiger Glocke
> supposedly in Saalfeld, Thuringia, Germany? A correspondent has

Could the word be "Schiller"? I found a German site that talked
about a 90cwt bell from Google and had it translated, rather badly!

In the tower is the bell chair, inside four bells hang. The largest
so 90 hundredweights heavily, on the Kirchhof in a hut broken open in
addition 1511 one poured. Superstitious people threw much silver and
gold into the meal, baptized also the same according to abgoettischer
habit of the time, soon after; the richest and most distinguished
people were confessed to Gevattern and designated with the name pc.
Anna. It was poured by Oswald Hilliger and its son Martin of free
mountain on Monday after Trinitatis (16 June). At this bell the
portrait pc. Anna, Maria stands and the child flax Jesu. This bell is
hung, rung and only after 1516 pulled on the tower some year in a
wooden housing on the Kirchhof. The other one, after four years
poured, weighed 52 hundredweights and 1515 by bishop Johann von
Meissen was baptized. The third, 25 hundredweights heavily, 1506 were
poured of course, because it is however defectively, it 1565 recast.
Fourth and smallest, that the English greeting, has one 1516 poured.
The Gloecklein however, which hangs in the piling up flax, was
produced 1559 and primarily used with funerals, in addition, with the
other bells sound is rung.