[Bell Historians] Ss Thomas and Clement, Winchester

CHRIS PICKFORD c.j.pickford.t21 at b...
Mon Nov 22 06:06:49 GMT 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

After it closed as a church, St.Thomas's became the County Record Office fo=
r some years. The Record Office has since moved to new premises. I visited =
a couple of times and got the impression that the interior of the tower had=
been gutted, so I assume the bells were taken out before the building was =
converted. Tyssen's notes give similar details to those given by Colchester=
, with the diameters noted as 18" and 45.5" - implying weights of 1.5 and 1=
6 cwt

CP