[Bell Historians] Re: Fw: Lost Rings of Four?

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Oct 5 11:23:10 BST 2004

> > > Raddington, Somerset - Dove (4th edition)
> > > Now three bells hung for swing chiming
> > > Fourth bell to Odcombe, Somerset?
>
> http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/SOM/Raddington/
>
> notes 4 bells

Don't believe what this site says about bells - it's often out-of-date. I've already explained the situation re. Raddington to Tim as I understand it, so won't repeat it here

> http://www.waterrow.org.uk/our_churches.htm
>
> Notes "The bells are 14th/ early 15th century and were renovated and
> re-hung 1986."

I don't think they are all that early, although some of them might be. I'll consult the listed bells list when I get home. Local history / church sites often contain complete twaddle about bells anyway!

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/