[Bell Historians] Isle of Man

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Sat Oct 23 00:52:33 BST 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Sam

The Douglas RC bell is 29 3/16" diameter 5 cwt in D. By Sheridan, Eagle Fou=
ndry, Dublin.

Inscription:=20

SHERIDAN DUBLIN MAKER 1852 : LAUS . DEO VIRGINIQUE MATRI MARIA

Wooden headstock, metal 3/4 wheel - no stay etc. Now sounded by external el=
ectric hammer.

Hangs between two beams resting in slots in the walls.

Fair order, but ironwork rusty.

Re Leamington; would you like me to attend next Friday ?

I seem to have lost your dad's phone number - can you please advise.

Look forward to seeing you.

Best wishes

DAVE
----- Original Message -----=20
From: combineharvestersam=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Isle of Man

.=20
>=20
> Any queries about Manx bells, do ask: I have RWMC's complete copy=20
notes 1976/78 and my own of 5 years ago. =
=20
>=20
> DLC

What is in St Mary of the Isle in Douglas? I played the organ there=20
but the priest would not let me go up the tower as he said it was too=20
dangerous.=20

Sam

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20