[Bell Historians] New poll for bellhistorians

Peter Humphreys pfh at w...
Wed Sep 1 16:37:12 BST 2004

charset="US-ASCII"

I have registered my vote and was not surprised to see the other

The phraseology of the answers reminded me of a certain episode of 'Yes
Minister' concerning a proposed public opinion survey about
conscription! Remember it?

More seriously, thanks to one particular member of this group, I found
that records of tenor weights in our (Chester) Guild Report had a number
of inaccuracies, since corrected, which, in one case, where there was a
3/4 cwt discrepancy, had perpetuated for over 80 years! By whatever
means we should encourage the ringing fraternity to acknowledge that
such errors do exist and endeavour to provide the correct values or best
estimates thereat.

Peter Humphreys