[Bell Historians] New poll for bellhistorians

R.J.Johnston R.Johnston at b...
Thu Sep 2 08:48:30 BST 2004

I think he is on the list: in any case I will forward it - with thanks for
the sympathetic appreciation of pour attempts to be consistent.

John, who does virtually all of the work (and still works full time for a
living as well!), is in no position to check the bona fides of anybody who
might send an email to him and certainly is in no position to check things
out with others. Hence the decision to be consistent in relying on a
single type of source - we are not 'experts' (whatever that might mean in
this context).

On the number of bells in a tower, we have discussed this at length
several times, on the basis of what has been said to us (we DO listen, but
very rarely is what we hear anything like unanimous), and then come to
decisions, which we make clear.

Thanks

RON