[Bell Historians] Bootle (Everton) and Fenham

combineharvestersam combineharvestersam at h...
Thu Sep 30 11:33:25 BST 2004

Bootle are a bang on A.
A lot of rings have incorrect pitches, and when they are wrong, they
need to be shifted both up and down.

e.g. Edgbaston - Taylors 1927 are G. Taylors say they are in Ab
Leamington RC - Taylors 1905 are F#. Taylors say they are F

There are hundreds of rings with the wrong note. My tuning fork is A
= 440. I know this isn't the most reliable method but I have only
been wrong once. Coln Rogers the tenor was a bastard note and I
pitched it a semitone too low.

Sam

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at m...>