[Bell Historians] Faculties

David Bryant davidbryant at ...
Wed Apr 6 10:19:24 BST 2005

>Seems straightforward to me. A Faculty is required to introduce an item as
>well as remove one or to alter a part/parts of a church building.

I don't think that was what Andrew was asking - obviously a faculty is
required to install it, but as I read it the quesiton was whether a faculty
was needed to tune the bell and provide it will fittings. So far as I can
see, provided the bell is still the property of the person who bought it at
the time when this work is carried out, no faculty will be required although
obviously it would be necessary to check that the church wanted the bell
first. The faculty would then be for the installation of a second-hand bell
plus fittings, and tuning, canon removal (if required), etc, would not come
into it if they had already been carried out prior to the bell being given
to the church.