Southwark

Ben Willetts ben at ...
Tue Apr 12 13:11:54 BST 2005

David Bryant:
>> Does anybody know whether the new bell for
>> Southwark Cathedral has been cast and / or hung yet?

JPA:
> I believe it is about to be dedicated, but not sure if this
> is blessed in the church or dedicated in a ringable state.

It will be hung by the time it is blessed on 14 May. That day is the Surrey
Association AGM and the latest Southern District newsletter tells me...

"Open ringing at the Cathedral will be from 2.30pm - 3.40pm. After [the
service at 4pm and] AGM, there will be more ringing until 8.30pm. ... Please
do make a special effort to come to this special day. Everyone will be made
welcome. ... The new bells will enable ringing on a light eight. ... There
will be plenty of rounds."

There will also be an evening reception for which tickets are available, and
discounted prints of the Cathedral will be available to buy on the day.
Contact Sheila Cheesman for more details -- 020 8642 2400.

Ben