Trafalgar Bicentenary

Richard Offen richard at ...
Thu Apr 21 16:17:42 BST 2005

Many of you will have seen my request in the Ringing World a few weeks
ago for towers to ring as part of the bicentenary celebrations of the
Battle of Trafalgar.

The response has so far been most encouraging, but I am planning one or
two follow up items in the Ringing World in order keep the weekend of
21st - 23rd October at the forefront of everyone's mind. I thought it
would be fun to include in one of these items mention of rings of
bells, still in use, that were cast during 1805, or bells that were
cast specifically to celebrate Nelson's great victory.

Any suggestions of candidates would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Richard