Trafalgar Bicentenary

plainbobmajor JMVD at ...
Thu Apr 21 16:56:40 BST 2005

The Norwich DA are holding a Peal Week spanning the trafalgar
celebrations (Nelson has his roots here!) However the Northern
Branch (who don't have any keen peal ringers) are aiming to quarter
all the branch towers (50ish) during October.

I know someone had mentioned trying to ring specially at those
towers where the complete peal was in and ringing by Nelson's Time.
So far we've worked out that St Miles, Norwich, and St Peter's
Brooke still retain the exact bells that would have been ringing 200
years ago.

Jonathan

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard Offen"