[Bell Historians] Digest Number 980

Jonathan Dickenson JMVD at u...
Wed Feb 2 17:56:32 GMT 2005

I used to ring at Writtle, and there is a space for a flat 2nd in the frame.

I think the ringers just wanted to have the option of a lighter 8. the tenor
is something like 32cwt, and the front 8 weigh 10cwt, so there is scope to
ring a light 8 or a heavy 8

They are superb, as they ought to be, and the only problem i can see is that
the front 6 (of 10) have not that good a rope circle. the front 8 (of 12)
are a good circle.

I suppose it costs less for 2 trebles than for 1 treble and a flat 4th.

And the rope circle is as if they were a 12.

Jonathan