[Bell Historians] St Thomas, Exeter

Benjamin Kipling bdk at b...
Sat Feb 5 12:12:58 GMT 2005

>(David Bryant)
>The one of all eight seems to show a wide variation in profile between bells - I don't >think it can all be attributable to the angle of the photo.

This seems fairly normal for G&J - photos of their earlier modern peals in particular look like the bells were all cast by different founders at different times (and sometimes sound like it as well!) It's therefore possible to produce a bell of almost any profile and reasonably claim it as G&J profile. They seem to have got gradually more consistent as the decades went by.

Benjamin Kipling

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/