sliders

David Bryant davidbryant at h...
Tue Feb 8 11:26:47 GMT 2005

I was reading a report on a (sadly no longer) Taylor six of 1894. This was a
'modern' installation in that it had a cast iron lowside frame, cast iron
headstocks, etc. However, they stays were of normal type and the sliders
described as being 'metal blocks'. Preumably this means a metal block
sliding on a track. I've not seen these - can anyone describe them in detail
and provide any other example - presumably they were only used for a short
time before Hastings stays became the norm.