[Bell Historians] sliders

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Tue Feb 8 21:03:40 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

There is a set of "fixed dingler" stays and jockey radius slides at St Mary=
Cray, Kent (G&J 1913). They must be more difficult to fit the Hastings sta=
ys; not only is the length of the stay critical but the location of the "fi=
ngler" has to be dead accurate so that it enters the radius slide and engag=
es the jockey.

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: matthewhigby at a...=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] sliders

In a message dated 08/02/2005 11:54:05 GMT Standard Time, davidbryant at hot=
mail.co.uk writes:
I've rung at Carisbrooke but not been up to see the bells. I believe th=
ese=20
type of G&J stays had a fixed pin, rather than a moving dingler like a=
=20
Hastings stay.
Incorrect - they are standard hastings type with a slightly "beefed up" d=
ingler.

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,
Jasmine Cottage,
The Street,
Chilcompton,
Bath,
BA3 4HN.

www.bell-hangers.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20