[Bell Historians] sliders

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Tue Feb 8 18:07:11 GMT 2005

davidbryant at h... writes:

I've not seen these - can anyone describe them in detail
and provide any other example - presumably they were only used for a short
time before Hastings stays became the norm.

I have seen these at Badminton (G&J 1911 ish from memory) and also Wickwar -
another early G&J "Simpson" job. Taylors fitted them at Wraxall, Somerset -
1894 (again from memory) all of these work well.

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,
Jasmine Cottage,