Emscote

nigelsdtaylor nigeltaylor at k...
Wed Feb 9 13:32:05 GMT 2005

My grandfather went to Emscote as a youngster. He saw some of the
demolition, and told me that they had demolished the spire without
difficulty, but the tower had proved to be far stronger than the
demolition contractors had thought. He said that some small explosive
charges were used in order to de-stabilise the tower.
I used to have a guide book of the church, but I made the mistake of
lending it to John Hawes over 20 years ago! From the photos and my
grandfather's description, it was a fine building.
I recall that Robert Randall learnt to ring at Emscote.
Nigel Taylor