[Bell Historians] sliders

Benjamin Kipling bdk at b...
Thu Feb 10 22:13:52 GMT 2005

Other examples of 'truck' type sliders are Walkley, Sheffield (Taylor 1895) and the back three of Llanbedrog, Gwynedd (Taylor 1894ish). It seems that it was something Taylors did in the first few years of cast iron headstocks before they moved over to Hastings stays, and that G&J later copied the system. When we (HMA) retuned Llanbedrog and augmented them to five, the three bell frame got shoved over in the tower a bit to accommodate the two new pits, but we kept the 'truck' sliders on the back 3. They seem to function reasonably well as long as they don't get too caked in grease.

Benjamin Kipling

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/