[Bell Historians] Re: Oxfordshire

Andrew Bull andrew.bull at t...
Fri Jan 7 09:19:15 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

Bobbie May and Kate Crennell of the Oxford D.G. have been working to produce
something along the lines of a "Ringers' Guide" to the bells in the Oxford
D.G., including full details of weights and inscriptions. I was contacted by
Kate, who had heard that I was attempting to produce Oxfordshire and
Berkshire "lists" to update the Sharpe books. I have been able to supply a
fair amount of more up-to-date information, and Kate has been able to supply
me with details of some of the very recent jobs, but given the contractors
who have carried out the majority of the work in those areas, we have pretty
much gone as far as we can with full updates. There's certainly still too
many gaps in both Oxfordshire and Berkshire to make it worthwhile me
producing lists for either county, and I don't think that Kate and Bobbie
have got any further either.

Andrew Bull

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Offen [mailto:richard at s...]
Sent: 07 January 2005 07:12
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Oxfordshire

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at h...> wrote:
> Last year Richard Offen mentioned that the Sharpe trustees were
intending to publish Oxfordshire on CD. What's the state of progress
on this?

> David

It's in the pipe line and should be available later this year. The
main problem is that it looks as if we shall have to have a copy of
the book unstitched in order to get good scans as we can't locate any
unbound copies of the work.

Richard

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

This email originated externally and has been scanned by MessageLabs