[Bell Historians] Another church for sale

John Ketteringham john.ketteringham27 at n...
Thu Jan 13 15:47:09 GMT 2005

The policy of the Church Commissioners is that bells can be removed from
redundant churches for reuse provided they will not be required for whatever
purpose the building is reused. In the 11 years since I have been
bells adviser to the Lincoln Diocesan Furnishings Officer we have reused
every bell which has become available. I find it amazing that I still hear
of bells which have been left in redundant churches and disposed of by the
purchaser either as scrap metal or sold on the open market.

Sorry but I feel very strongly about this