[Bell Historians] Monkton

David Bryant davidbryant at h...
Wed Jan 19 18:40:22 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

> I have received he pack from the estate agents re Monkton

I've got one too. The recommendation from the local planning authority is f=
or a non-residential use, such as an antique shop. It also states that 'Al=
l stained glass with the exception of the south chancel window by W Wailes =
will most likely have to remain in situ'. Also 'We wish to stress that the =
Local Planning Authority consider conversion to full time residential use i=
nappropriate and are likely to resist such a proposal.'

The building is Grade II* listed - presumably it is only this high on accou=
nt of the glass.