[Bell Historians] The demise of Mallaby

David Bryant davidbryant at h...
Fri Jan 21 15:38:07 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

 When Mallabys hung new Warner bells, who contracted out to who?
We have (DJB and I) seen bells with Mallabys name on them (Warner=20
bells) and I have wonderd for a while who contracted out to who.

So far as I can gather, it was only the later Mallabys (of Barnby Don) who =
had bells cast by Warner's but naming Mallaby as the founder (e.g. Goodmanh=
am 1/3). Earlier Mallabys either had nothing specific to them or an inscrip=
tion stating that they had hung the bell / bells (e.g. Osmotherley 2/3).