[Bell Historians] The demise of Mallaby

Alan J.Birney fartwell2000 at y...
Sat Jan 22 07:45:18 GMT 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant"
<davidbryant at h...> wrote:

> So far as I can gather, it was only the later Mallabys (of Barnby
Don) who had bells cast by Warner's but naming Mallaby as the founder
(e.g. Goodmanham 1/3). Earlier Mallabys either had nothing specific
to them or an inscription stating that they had hung the bell / bells
(e.g. Osmotherley 2/3).

> David

I came across a web page yesterday about a ring of three that was
augmented to five with two Taylor bells when they were rehung by
Thomas (I think) Mallaby.
Now this could be more interesting than I first thought as from
the recasts/ augmentations involving Mallabys I have seen, all have
had Warner bells.

Alan