Bells of/for JW Benson (was: Mallaby...)

John Walton je.walton at v...
Sat Jan 22 20:06:18 GMT 2005

Whilst the subject of the relationship between Mallaby and Warner is
being discussed, this seems a reasonable time to raise a question I
have been meaning to ask for a little while:

Who was responsible for casting bells on behalf of the clockmaker JW
Benson, and are there any still in existence?

I have a copy of the 2002 Benson compilation by Mike Bundock and
Chris McKay which includes a catalogue reproduced from c. 1922.
Several illustrations show bells to be supplied with turret clocks,
both 'ordinary' and 'hemispherical' shape, drawn with JW Benson Ltd
or similar as the inscription.

John