[Bell Historians] Taylors and timber headstocks

Andrew Higson, Bellmaster andrew_higson at t...
Tue Jan 25 14:35:11 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

David is 2 years out at Nynehead, actually 1894. It was 3 & 4 of 5 that wer=
e fitted with CI stocks. The work was completed on Nov 3rd 1894. I can't fi=
nd a reference to Nynehead in the iron casting books, so it is possible the=
y were intended for another job which might explain why they are mis-number=
ed.

The first specific reference to cast iron headstocks for ringing bells was =
on 1st March 1893, these being the three headstocks for Egmanton in Notts (=
Wake up George!).

There is an earlier cast iron headstock - for Richard's Castle which weighe=
d 7-3-4 and was cast in October 1892.

E&OE, just to be on the safe side!

Andrew

----- Original Message -----=20