Nynehead, Somerset

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Wed Jan 26 19:53:50 GMT 2005

It is a long time since I was at Nynehead but my notes suggest (quite
forcibly!) that the whole outfit dates from 1894, including the oak frame
for six. If six bells were intended, doesn't this make sense of the
numbering on the iron stocks? There must be a record somewhere of who the
hanger was. By far the most likely candidate would be Thomas Doble of
Taunton. Another would be John Sully of Stogumber but I am not sure of his
dates. Both, and especially Doble, normally used Taylors for bells and
other bits of kit.

C D