[Bell Historians] TESCO

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at ...
Thu Jul 7 09:01:19 BST 2005

If Taylors end up dominating the quality of their work then this
should be the identity, however if it goes the other way, then
Tescos fits quite well. (Stack 'em high, sell 'em cheap).

David

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dave at d...>
wrote:
> Goodness knows why they dropped the John! It is not unknown for
the longest serving firm to preserve its full (original) name which
has been variously John Taylor, John Taylor & Son, John Taylor & Co
and John Taylor Bellfounders Ltd. E&S have kept their full name and
I for one regret the dropping of a name which has been in the firm
for over two centuries. Looking at some of JT's older letterheads
(of EDT's time) which had JOHN TAYLOR & CO / (E. Denison Taylor) /
Bellfounders and Bellhangers / Loughborough Leicestershire, in a
good bold Roman script, I hope that Taylor's will take the
opportunity of recovering their rightful name.

> JOHN TAYLOR, EAYRE & SMITH, Ltd
>
> Bell Founders and Bellhangers
>
> The Bell Foundry
> Freehold Street Loughborough Leicestershire LE11 1AR
>

> is suggested as a dignified start to a letter headingf, one which
might command respect rather than the fate which Andrew rightly
predicts.

> DLC

called Tesco to the point that it doesn't matter what they want to
be called.

> They either need to undertake a re-brand and invest some time or
money in it or put up with what they have.

> Actually being known in slang terms as "tesco" might not do them
any harm in the market place!

> Having been involved in a number of successful brand
creation/launch/ management exercises, one of which indeed achieved
the remarkable "Hoover" trick of becoming a verb, I'm quite prepared
to take them through it... for a fee of course!