[Bell Historians] TESCO

davidhird_uk davidhird_uk at ...
Thu Jul 7 11:12:26 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Brett Masters" <brett at s...>
wrote:

> Talks are currently taking place as to what materials to use
as "standard",
> also what the main protocol will be for frame designs, headstocks
etc etc
> etc.
>
> Unless I'm not mistaken 99% of all rehangs and new installations
have to be
> done on the "cheap" as neither the church or the bell fund have
the money to
> "splash out" on gold plated bearings.
>
> E&S and Taylor's have the knowledge and experience between them to
bring the
> new company forward with an almighty bang. So its worth being
positive about
> the merger rather than condemning it and them, as I'm sure it will
benefit
> us all in time.

No one is condemning it.

There is a marked difference in the style of hanging and fittings
between the 2 original firms and my own personal view is that the
E&S version is far inferior to that of Taylors. The best answer
would be Taylors bells, fittings, tuning and hanging in combination
with E&S prices but I doubt that is possible. It will be interesting
to see how this can be reconciled.