[Bell Historians] Re: Missing ring (Danehill)

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at ...
Sat Jul 9 21:29:58 BST 2005

>>> Dane Hill E Sussex 6 UK 2' 9 1/2" 7-3-5 1020.0 C 1898
>> 101/331 Two trebles added 1958
>>>

>>> They seem to have been cast as the front 4 of 8, and then augmented
>> with two trebles. I don't know if they went in with the 8 bell frame
>> or not....
>>>
>>> Andrew Higson
>>> Bellmaster
>>> Taylor's, Eayre and Smith.
>>
>> George Elphick states that the back four have the date 1897 on them
>> and the front two 1958. He doesn't make mention of the frame
>> however.
>>
>> It's 'Danehill' by the way: all oneword, not two.

There is something odd about these bells as at least two of the back four
are far from true-harmonic. Not another Merthyr Tydfil, is it? No. Or
rejects from other rings? Surely not...

C D