[Bell Historians] Re: Cyril Johnston biography

Anne Willis zen16073 at ...
Mon Jul 18 15:59:19 BST 2005

At 13:34 +0000 2005/07/18, jimhedgcock wrote:
>Looks interesting

Yes, I'm sure almost everyone in the bell world will find it
interesting. A few years ago, Jill read the draft of one chapter at
a GCNA Congress, and received a very warm reception from the
attendees. Don't be put off by some of her more unconventional
attitudes and activities - she is an excellent writer. Explore her
Website, if you have the time. And DO buy the book once it actually
becomes available.

Carl

I explored the website and thought I must read at least some of her work.
I couldn't find anything on Amazon (have not yet tried other places) and not
a single book of Johnston's is in the Wiltshire, Somerset or Dorset
Libraries. Single copies of 'Jasper Johns privileged information' are in
the Bath, Bristol and UWE University libraries. Perhaps some more aggressive
marketing is needed on this side of the pond.

I shall try my local bookshop; it has never failed me yet.

Anne