[Bell Historians] Cambridge chimes - sorry, Quarters

s.ivin at ... s.ivin at ...
Fri Jun 17 08:26:20 BST 2005

Bill H:

> I have never been able to find the Cambridge / Westminster quarters
> (though there is rounds on 2 to 11 of 12 at 'shall I see God', bars
> 107 and 108). Where do I look?

There is a pretty persistent use of the first 'quarter' (1,2,3,6 of 6 or 10 in bell
terms) by the strings - bars 5, 6, 28, 45, 46, 53, 54, 66, 104, 106 & 157 - and I
might have missed one or two - perhaps singers don't listen to the fiddles?

Sorry to say - completely unqualified except as a listener.

Fourths and In.