[Bell Historians] St Mary, Hornsey.

matthewhigby at a... matthewhigby at a...
Tue Mar 1 12:20:28 GMT 2005

dickon.love at a... writes:

Yes and yes. I used to work with a gentleman who is Chairman of the trust
that looks after the tower. He is very keen to see a bell or two hung dead
in the frame. I believe that Steve Jakeman is on the case.

There is a scheme in the planning stages to (eventually) rehang a ring of
six there. After many years of disuse, the tower has been restored and the
ground floor chamber is now used for worship. They have one bell which they want
to hang for ringing - and possibly add more bells to form a ringing centre
type thing. It is a very interesting tower - I have pictures of the frame and
peal boards etc from an inspection (with Steve Jakeman) last week, if anyone is
interested.

Cheers,

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,