[Bell Historians] Rudhall Museum?

Anne Willis zen16073 at ...
Thu May 12 14:00:37 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Alan J.Birney
Sent: 12 May 2005 13:49
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Rudhall Museum?

At a Barnoldswick (Tuesday) practice, we had the pleasure of being
joined by Bob Schofield from Oxenhope.
Bob daid he had seen a recipt for the casting and supply of our 1723
A Rudhall II ring of three on display in Glous.
Does anyone know where or how we could obtain a copy of this reciept?
I would like a copy both for Church records and to use when we
eventually launch the public rehang and augmentation appeal.

Depends where the receipt is. If it's in the churchwardens' accounts you
could try your county record office or museum. Copying seems to depend on
the whim of the archivist. Some put a date limit on items. However if the
receipt is loose and not in a book there is no reason why it could not be
copied. If it is bound in a book, you could take a photo.

The churchwardens' accounts for your church might provide quite a bit of
material on the history of your bells, which could be useful for publicity.

Anne