A trawl through the archive.. RW

Andrew Wilby andrew at ...
Thu May 26 00:07:44 BST 2005

Sorry Ben but you are taking complete and utter bollocks at this point....!!!!

When the old RW Board planned the restructuring of the RW Co and the relocation
to Andover it was on the basis of bringing all the costs in-house and under
control, of reducing the cost base, generating a considerable surplus margin and
then rebalancing the finances to the benefit of the subscribers.

Last year the RW made £31,000 surplus!!
Completely in accordance with our business planning of 4 years ago.
(RW used to plan for £5k surpluses as a reasonable inflationary replacement of
our asset base.... if you need to benchmark this level of surplus against
something?)

RW isn't struggling along "with low budget and overstretched staff!" Get your
facts right before going into print?

It is now a financially sound publishing house with the staff existing well
within the comfort zone!!!

That is the contribution to the exercise of the previous Board, who were much
maligning by the thickies of the exercise.
We now have a Board who show no commercial nouse in dealing with the excellent
inheritance they have received. But that is another matter.

The RW can now do much including the abolition of charges for Quarters which was
one of my targets.

Don't sell the RW short. It is an excellent, financially sound institution that
is the life-blood of the exercise and, thanks to the old Board, is marching into
the 21st Cent able to do business!

Say no more.... but think about those who tried to wreck it???

Andrew