[Bell Historians] St Lawrence IOW

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at ...
Wed May 25 20:02:34 BST 2005

> Can anyone tell me who cast these bells. FE Collins says this in his
> diary for May 1935:
>
> St Lawrence, Isle of Wight. Hang chime of 8 bells, fix and wire to new =
> clavier. Bells hung in open gables. Tenor - 2 cwt.
>
> Alan Buswell has nothing about the bells - it could therefore be that
> this was a rehang of old bells.

[The bells are clearly visible from the ground: the lightest six hang in,
and the heaviest two adjoining, the open west cote. The bells were all cast
new in 1935 and both George Elphick and I on separate visits thought they
were G & J. C D]