canons and sheep removal

Andrew Wilby andrew at ...
Thu Nov 3 12:43:01 GMT 2005

Rod Bickerton <Hot dip galvanising is a Sacrificial coating and has limited
life.>

Which is why we put 2 coats of double pack epoxy paint on the galvanised
steel frame on Lundy.

The only snag with that plan was that the frame sides had been taken from
the ship to the lambing shed.

Some of them had been severely crapped upon (technical term) by some of the
daggy old ewes and even after pressure hosing and keying with acid the paint
was somewhat reluctant to stick to some small areas. I think we got the
second coat to seal ok.

Sheep shyt appeared more dangerous that the acid or epoxy!

Andrew