[Bell Historians] Canon removal and faculties

David Bryant davidbryant at ...
Thu Nov 3 13:47:16 GMT 2005

>I'm sure your first points are right Andrew, but are timber headstocks
>actually lighter than metal ones? Having carried several of each up
>tower stairs in my time, I'm not so sure!

It's also important to bear in mind that the hangs are bound to be different
between timber and metal stocks. If a ring is on metal stocks it is possible
to tuck the tenors up quite a bit, as is usual practice. However, this
cannot be done to the same extent with timber stocks.