[Bell Historians] Canon removal and faculties

Richard Offen richard at ...
Thu Nov 3 14:01:59 GMT 2005

> It's also important to bear in mind that the hangs are bound to be
different
> between timber and metal stocks. If a ring is on metal stocks it is
possible
> to tuck the tenors up quite a bit, as is usual practice. However,
this
> cannot be done to the same extent with timber stocks.
>
> David

I'm not so sure about that either, I've seen bells on timber stocks
that have been tucked right up ...usually involves a pretty large stock
however, which probably counteracts the effect of tucking up!