[Bell Historians] Canon removal and faculties

Roderic Bickerton rodbic at ...
Thu Nov 3 14:20:17 GMT 2005

I believe I have seen gudgeon plates on wood stocks that stand the stock up
about 4 inches.
I think they were cast and probably Victorian but I cannot remember where I
saw them.
They were shaped so that the stock fitted into them a little.
It solved the problem of "tuck up" on a wood stock.