[Bell Historians] Gilling East

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at ...
Sun Nov 6 13:31:32 GMT 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Anne Willis" <zen16073 at z...>

[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
> On Behalf Of David Bryant
> Sent: 05 November 2005 20:27
> To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Gilling East
>
> I agree with Anne. When I lived in Daventry various individuals
spent immense amounts of time teaching a band at Norton where the
bells had recently been rehung. When the Norton ringers were
reasonably competent and learning change ringing they were invited to
Daventry on practice night. They declined on the basis that Daventry
had ten bells. We had offered six bell ringing from 19.00 to 20.00
hrs but that didn't make any difference. We withdrew support for
their ringing and it fizzled out within three months. I have not
allowed my self to become engaged in such a situation since then.
Effort needs to come from instructors and learners.