Shrewsbury

Richard Offen richard at ...
Sat Oct 29 02:40:34 BST 2005

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "philholtsdgr"
<pippolucas23 at a...> wrote:

> Richard Offen is right about the people in WA, but w.r.t.
> transportation to WA,Andrew Wilby is nearer the mark. Originally
the
> state was set up as a free settlement, but colonisation was so
slow,
> the settlers petitioned successfully for convict labour.
> As any South Australian will tell you, SA was the only state where
> transportation did not play a part in its history.
> Phil

That's all as may be, but as we well know on this list, history is
dependent upon those who interpret it!

I still maintain that miscalling a quarter peal of Grandsire Doubles
was insufficient reason for Glover to petition the authorities for my
immediate transportation to the colonies!

Now, excuse me, I must be off to the cellar to find another bottle of
that very nice Margaret River red :-)