Frequent questions, answers and solutions to problems

John Camp camp at ...
Thu Sep 1 17:58:04 BST 2005

There are many topics which come up frequently on ringing lists.
There are also solutions given to problems of all kinds -
mathematical, practical and philosophical.

Several lists have talked about recording these topics somewhere.

I have now set up a 'wiki', which will, I hope, help to fill this
gap. A wiki is a site where everyone can collaborate on the content.
It is easy to use, once you've got the hang of it.

Let me make it clear that it is for the ringing community to use. No
individual is responsible for the content. Open access might mean
that there is misuse, but we'll see how it goes. I don't want to
restrict access.

Let me also make it clear that I am an amateur, when it comes to IT.
There are many ringers who have professional knowledge of how to do
things. I shall actively welcome any help in modifying the
configuration of the wiki.

The site is at www.bellringers.org/wiki

There is currently some silly stuff on it, which has been part of
early testing. I've left some of it there so that people can see how
it works.

Feel free to give it a try.

John Camp