Winwick

Mike Chester mike at PR2n1ez9FeW45BDu6Efqws4NWvfqB9ols39R3XC4U9XuBgFt1kaguJMJs3TCey1sGE02NoiamRGRzxVqdDjiTKeQ4Q.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 3 00:25:19 BST 2006

Note strictly about bells, but .....

I rang at Winwick on Saturday and had a look round the church as
others were ringing the 3. (Ringers note that the tenor rope is hauled
up as a reminder to pull off the clock hammer in the clock room)

I notices what seemed at first a very small organ, perhaps 4/5 feet
wide, 6/7 feet tall and a couple of feet deep.  Closer inspection
showed that there appeared to be no keyboard and the rank of small
pipes at the front were false.  There were a couple of metal objects
on the left side, one seemed to raise and lower a cam and the other I
know not what.  A plate said that it was made by William Prowse & Co,
48 Cheapside, London.  I suspect that this might be the name of the
company that sold the "organ" rather than its maker.

Is it some sort of mechanical organ?  I could post a picture if this
would help.

mike