[Bell Historians] Downside Abbey

Andrew Higson andrew_higson at lB-fW4gFB1L8beocffxAOhb4C9aIAbPuRvlqQGekNjJRyUALpGEjMisGOx-50AHVM1lohrVcg5zXEzHhechUP_A1ItI6.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 10 14:24:28 BST 2006

Told you Matthew would have some, George!

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
matthewhigby at TC2yb3ocIN0TaYCZqU_ZE4lglF_psNXIGQk6lrnZgC_IifbMeSw7RR-ftXov723dOlLOJK-I0-49aoxaEA.yahoo.invalid
Sent: 10 April 2006 14:18
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Downside Abbey

george at eWYgJh6lcRU4oMoL-8nKIEiOzGsvEt-9OibKQ5YYVSwqVkfJDCQt6lEIO-9JSg4V0_Vxaj6HC88QcuvkNV0ZkPjJ2YF0ibmV.yahoo.invalid writes:

Does anyone have a decent picture of the big bell at Downside Abbey
please?

Several - what sort of angle? It's quite hard to photograph it in the
tower. I have some old ones of it in the foundry (Thanks to NOS),
outside Beverley Minster and also outside Downside. I have seen anothe
of it being unlodaed at Chilcompton Station in 1903, before being hauld
over the fields using horses and a large cart!

Matthew

Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers,
Jasmine Cottage,
The Street,
Chilcompton,
Bath,
BA3 4HN.

www.bell-hangers.com

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*	 Visit your group "bellhistorians
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bellhistorians> " on the web.

*	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____