[Bell Historians] Downside Abbey

Neil Skelton neil.tcct at 8VXV7NtnNifRbLGnMnlznyMh4-uUjpWdrirvVFUAINj54ZS8xEioX92WAU_hM3U1UcQy9Mtmw0AHYJNEdtY.yahoo.invalid
Tue Apr 11 09:26:20 BST 2006

MessageGeorge

I thought you had one of the bell in the foundry? It is shown with what I assume to be the Beverley headstock, though the later bell is larger. The headstock at Downside is not the same as that shown on the foundry snap.

I gave Matthew a print some years ago. I might still a spare that i can let you have.

Neil.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Dawson
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 4:41 PM
  Subject: [Bell Historians] Downside Abbey

    T he foundry one & the one outside Beverley would be useful as I'm writing up CBER.

     GAD

    Several - what sort of angle? It's quite hard to photograph it in the tower. I have some old ones of it in the foundry (Thanks to NOS), outside Beverley Minster and also outside Downside. I have seen anothe of it being unlodaed at Chilcompton Station in 1903, before being hauld over the fields using horses and a large cart!

    Matthew

    Matthew Higby & Company Ltd,
    Church Bell Engineers,
    Jasmine Cottage,